How to install Windows 2008 and enable Remote Desktop Protocol
- First you need to go to the Cloud Servers page (link here) and click on the VNC button as shown below:
2. Click on Next and Install now.
3. Follow the instructions as you can see below. You can also create another partition for windows if you want.
4. After the step above it will start to install files and once completed it will reboot. Close the windows and click again on VNC from control panel.
5. Windows should complete installing files. Another restart will be done.
6. Give it a few moments:
Enter a password for your cloud server.
Setup will be completed by now.
7. In order to enable RDP follow the instructions below:
I. a new window will open The initial configuration tasks
II. click on Enable Remote Desktop
III. check “Allow connections from computers..”
IIII. yes, and you have enabled RDP
Now in order to connect to your server with RDP you have to use the following details:
IP address – you will find it in your control panel under the Info section (pictures below)
Username – for windows 2008 and 2012 usually it is Administrator, and for windows 7 it is admin
Password – the password is the one you set at step 6.
The IP address is under the Cloud Servers title as seen below.
If you encounter any problems with this process please open a support ticket with us and we will be happy to help you out!